Effective Listening Skills (RTL)
Listening is the cornerstone of communication. Effective listening makes the person speaking feel valued, prevents miscommunication, speeds productivity, and creates more active forums of discussion.
Without the proper training, two things can stand in the way of effective listening: bad habits and style differences. The first step to becoming a better listener is to break and eliminate those habits. The second step is to understand the different ways people listen, along with its benefits and potential trouble spots.
Effective Listening Skills can help anyone become a better listener. Using a five-step process, individuals learn how to eliminate barriers to good listening, improve communication skills, maximize productivity, and build interpersonal relationships.
- Describe the importance of listening
- Identify barriers to listening well
- Implement the steps of active listening
- Uncover hidden messages
- Increase information flow to enhance productivity and teamwork
- The Importance of Listening
- Steps to Active Listening
- Skills to Improve Understanding
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.