Emotional Intelligence Skills Assessment (EISA)
Starter Kit for up to 5 Participants
The Emotional Intelligence Skills Assessment (EISA) is a training assessment and workshop that promotes individual and organizational success. Designed for management development training, the EISA measures adult emotional intelligence on five scales: perceiving, managing, decision making, achieving, and influencing. This emotional intelligence assessment can be used as a standalone training resource or powerful complement to address leadership development, team building, and communication effectiveness.
Going steps beyond traditional emotional intelligence assessments, the EISA combines a self-assessment with a workbook and workshop to quickly identify emotional intelligence levels and provide a framework for discussion and growth. From new hires to senior managers, this tool can help anyone develop their emotional intelligence and improve their performance. It's more than a measure of potential and performance; it's a tool for true personal development.
Additional Information for Emotional Intelligence Skills Assessment:
How It Works
Unlike some emotional intelligence assessments, EiSA is built on a proven, scientifically-verified framework that is easy to use and requires no professional certification. First, the self-assessment accurately measures emotional intelligence on five scales: perceiving, managing, decision making, achieving, and influencing.
If you are planning to use the EiSA, the EiSA facilitator guide includes everything you need to lead a successful training session, from comprehensive background information and activities to reproducible handouts and even a professional PowerPoint presentation. The facilitator guide also offers an easy-to-follow workshop outline that expands the EiSA into a 1 to 1.5 day training program.
Uses and Applications
The EiSA can be used as a standalone training instrument, or it can be incorporated into a more comprehensive program on emotional intelligence. The EiSA can be applied as:
- An effective component in training programs on related topics such as leadership, communication, and team building
- An addition to any program that focuses on interpersonal skills
- A tool for developing leaders to address the five emotional intelligence factors that will enhance their effectiveness
- A discussion starter with teams about team dynamics, especially communication, influence within teams, and intra-team behaviors
- Discover the major components of emotional intelligence
- Recognize the behaviors and characteristics of an emotionally intelligent person
- Identify areas where emotional intelligence skills can be applied
- Evaluate personal strengths and growth opportunities
- Generate action steps to improve emotional intelligence and success
Theory and Development
The emotional intelligence assessment was developed using a thorough test process to ensure its effectiveness as a tool for personal and professional growth. The EiSA derives its theoretical roots from the vast amount of EI literature and research in the EI and training communities. The EiSA measures and addresses emotional intelligence on five key scales:
- Perceiving: The ability to accurately recognize, attend to, and understand emotion.
- Managing: The ability to effectively manage, control, and express emotion.
- Decision Making: The application of emotion to manage change and solve problems.
- Achieving: The ability to generate the necessary emotions to self-motivate in the pursuit of realistic and meaningful objectives.
- Influencing: The ability to recognize, manage, and evoke emotion within oneself and others to promote change.
Assessment and workshop
To assess and develop emotional intelligence
- Decision Making
Scoring: 20 minutes
Workshop: 1 to 1.5 days
What to Order
Initial Rollout - You will need to order a facilitator set per trainer, plus one self-assessment and one participant workbook for each individual learner. Purchasing all of the participant materials you need at one time may qualify you for quantity discounts that can save you money and simplify ordering.
Ongoing Training - Each time you administer the simulation, you will need to order a new participant guide for each individual. Quantity discounts begin at 50 units per order. Additional facilitator guides are also available for individual purchase if you have additional trainers or require a new copy.