Handling Challenging Behaviors in the Workplace Instructor-Led Course
Though common, because of their difficulty, managers often avoid dealing with challenging behaviors exhibited by employees.
In a study conducted by the consulting firm McKinsey, 59 percent of employees reported that they'd be happier if their managers addressed problem employees, but only 7 percent of participants believed their managers were doing so. These are employees who may meet performance expectations or even exceed them, but in general, make the workplace less pleasant. Perhaps they drain your energy with constant negativity, or maybe it’s something as simple as oversharing personal information. Behaviors like these may indirectly affect others' performance by lowering morale and workplace satisfaction.
This class introduces you to a new perspective: from "challenging employees" to "valuable employees who exhibit challenging behaviors." By adopting this mindset of working together rather than against each other, you will be able to more effectively address issues and effect a positive outcome.
- Effective hiring and onboarding practices
- Guidelines for promoting a positive outcome in every situation
- The eight main “categories” of behaviors and their underlying sources
- Strategies for addressing personal behaviors in a sensitive, but direct manner
- Strategies to boost employees’ confidence and encourage them to be more proactive
- Strategies to make employees feel understood and valued
Participants Will Learn:
- Translate "bad attitudes" into observable behaviors that can be corrected and improved.
- Identify guidelines for promoting a positive outcome in every challenging situation.
- Recognize the various types of challenging behaviors, their underlying sources, and how to appropriately address them.
- Articulate why the challenging behavior is an issue and what the consequences are for not minimizing or changing the behavior.
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.