Implicit Bias in the Workplace Instructor-Led Course
We all hold biases—our brains are naturally wired to establish patterns and associations between information in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our decision making. Some biases we expressly acknowledge, and others we are much less perceptive to. Most the time, our implicit, or unconscious biases are harmless, and can even be positive. However, they’re not always accurate, and as a result, can have very negative consequences.
In this program, participants will learn how to surface their biases and what they can do at both a managerial and individual level to improve the equity, and objectivity of their decision-making. They will also build a greater understanding of how implicit bias develops, the areas of the workplace where it can have a negative impact, and how to appropriately address situations where it is present—from the perspective of someone who has observed or been the recipient of implicit bias, as well as someone who has acted on implicit bias.
- Understand the nature and origins of implicit bias
- Recognize the ways that implicit bias can lead to unfair or harmful decisions and actions in the workplace
- Identify ways to effectively address situations where implicit bias has had a negative impact
- Discover strategies to ensure decisions and actions are equitable and objective
This course is appropriate for business professionals who want to better understand implicit bias, and specifically how it affects the workplace; and, who want to encourage greater equity and objectivity in their own decisions, as well as at a systemic level in the workplace.
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.