Increasing Your Emotional Intelligence Instructor-Led Course
The type of intelligence with increasing value in the workplace is emotional intelligence -- the smarts of controlling emotions, having empathy, and handling stress.
According to a CareerBuilder survey, over 1 in 3 hiring managers placed increased importance on EI in their hiring and promoting decisions. For 71 percent, EI was more important than IQ and 59 percent went as far as to say that they would not hire someone a low EI.
According to statistics compiled by TalentSmart Inc., 90 percent of top performers have high emotional intelligence. EI is responsible for 58 percent of your job performance. And in the long run, people with high EI's earn an average of $29,000 more annually over low EI colleagues.
This class will enable you to understand the sources of emotional intelligence, learn how to keep emotions in check, and build relationships based on empathy. As a result, you'll be able to make more thoughtful decisions, show grace under pressure, resolve conflict effectively, and have increased attentiveness to your own emotions and the emotions of others.
- The difference between Emotional Intelligence and IQ and why EI matters more
- Arguments for the source of EI, nature or nurture and how the emotional brain functions
- How EI effects mood manipulation, hope and optimism
- Get inside the mind of high achievers and learn the secrets of their thinking patterns
- Reaching a sense of your own EI and overcoming limitations
- What distorted thinking is and how to avoid it
Participants Will Learn:
- Develop your level of emotional intelligence
- Identify negative consequences of unmanaged emotions on your personal effectiveness
- Describe the importance of emotional intelligence to building good relationships
- Increase your empathy and social skills
- Practice techniques to achieve greater self-awareness, self-control, and self-motivation
- Understand how emotional intelligence can be applied at the workplace to enhance employee relationships and increase productivity
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.