How It Works
The Intuitive Decision-Making Profile (IDMP) was designed to help individuals recognize the role of intuition in decision making. The instrument evaluates the respondent's capacity for using intuition in decision-making situations.
Participants complete the 40-item inventory that examines the extent to which they incorporate intuition when making business-related decisions. They then review background information about intuitive decision making to understand its importance. Next, participants score their assessments, chart their results to learn which areas need focus, complete the "When to Use Intuition" table, discuss the "Intuitive Processing Mode," and complete the "Plan for Enhancing Intuition."
Uses and Applications
The IDMP is an effective tool to develop versatility in decision making and increase personal effectiveness in the workplace. Building intuitive decision making is particularly helpful in situations characterized by complex underlying relationships, such as mergers, reorganizations, and strategy formulation.
By the end of this workshop, participants will understand the Intuitive Processing Mode™, which is an original concept of how intuition works in decision-making situations throughout three steps:
- Resources and Readiness: To what extent do you have a base of resources to draw on for intuitive decision making?
- Overcoming Blocks to Accessing Resources: To what extent are you able to break free of the things that are preventing you from using your intuition?
- Practicing Intuitive Decision Making: To what extent are you aware of patterns developing in situations and the physical signals that confirm or deny those patterns?
By the end of this assessment, participants will:
- Discover the extent to which they already utilize their intuition
- Determine when it is appropriate to use intuition in decision making
- Learn to identify and overcome emotional and cognitive "blocks"
- Enhance the conscious use of intuitive decision making