How It Works
The purpose of Leading Change at Every Level is to help individuals identify and develop the skills that will make them more effective at leading change, whether the change is one they have chosen to initiate or one they have been asked to implement.
Leading Change at Every Level is a combination self-assessment and training workshop that measures skill level and develops the five behaviors of effective change leaders:
- Modeling the change
- Communicating about the change
- Involving others in the change
- Helping others break from the past
- Creating a supportive environment for change
Leading Change at Every Level helps individuals examine how their behavior contributes to leading change. It also encourages participants to improve their ability to lead change, and shows them a comprehensive action planning section provides specific recommendations for bridging the gaps in one’s behavior portfolio.
Uses and Applications
Leading Change at Every Level can be used as a stand-alone learning instrument or part of a more comprehensive curriculum. It’s appropriate for any individual in the midst of leading a change effort, including team leaders, project managers, frontline supervisors, and middle managers.
Leading Change at Every Level is ideal as a:
- Skill predictor and development tool in advance of a new change effort
- Method of evaluating change leadership effectiveness during a recent change
- Utensil for employees and managers to identify necessary actions
- Centerpiece of a change management training program
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Measure current change leadership abilities
- Understand effective change leadership behaviors
- Develop change leadership skills
- Generate support for change efforts
- Improve the ability to lead change initiatives
Also see the classroom version of this assessment.