Mystery of the Lost Contract Instructor-Led Course
No one would argue about the importance of effective communication skills in the workplace. They help create a common focus and efficiency among those working together, as well as help avoid misunderstandings, duplicate efforts or dropped balls that result in decreased productivity. But can you guess the true cost of poor communication in the workplace? By one estimate, it is $37 billion or $26,041 per employee per year! (Holmes Report, 2011)
This course will help you to develop effective communication skills through experiential learning. You will be presented with a realistic, but fictitious situation in which a provider lost the opportunity to secure a services contract. Your goal will be to identify why the provider was not ultimately selected for the job by evaluating the “evidence” or rather the communication that took place between the provider and HR representative as captured in the form of documents, meeting transcripts, and email messages.
Through reflective thinking, you will gain insight into how communication can impact the outcome of a situation and how to improve communication to achieve more successful outcomes.
- The Proposal
- Proposal Review Meeting
- After-Action Review Meeting
Participants Will Learn:
- How to discover the impact communication has on success at work.
- How to recognize common mistakes that prevent effective communication.
- How to identify strategies for communicating effectively during conflict.
- How to find ways to improve verbal and written communication.
- How to recognize the keys to excellent communication.
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.