Based on the acclaimed book, Remarkable Leadership: Unleashing Your Leadership Potential One Skill at a Time, this assessment sets out to challenge participants to be more intentional about what, when, and how they learn.
How It Works
Presented in one-hour training segments, the Starter Kit offers the full 12-module program and allows organizations to target these specific skills:
- Championing change
- Communicating powerfully
- Building relationships
- Developing others
- Focusing on customers
- Influencing with impact
- Thinking and acting innovatively
- Valuing collaboration and teamwork
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Taking responsibility and accountability
- Managing projects and processes successfully
- Setting goals and supporting goal setting
Uses and Applications
Remarkable Leadership is a collection of training sessions written for anyone who wants to hone the skills necessary to become a remarkable leader. This book outlines a framework and a mechanism for both learning new techniques and applying current knowledge thoughtfully and practically.
After completing the Building Relationships workshop, participants will:
- Uncover the factors affecting their like-ability with other people
- Discover the importance of listening to improve their leadership relationships
- Recognize the ten specific actions needed to become a stronger listener
After completing the Championing Change workshop, participants will:
- Comprehend the factors that affect how people respond to change
- Have nine specific strategies for establishing champion changes
- Uncover how to minimize change resistance
After completing the Communicating Powerfully workshop, participants will:
- Recognize four basic communication styles
- Know how to modify their message to best connect with different people
- Understand and know how to apply the keys to a powerful presentation
After completing the Developing Others workshop, participants will:
- Recognize how to demonstrate supportive behaviors effectively
- Discover the common sources of feedback and how to apply them
- Uncover the differences between feedback and feedforward and how to use both in coaching others
After completing the Focusing on Customers workshop, participants will:
- Understand how to impact both internal and external customer service situations
- Learn how to recover from a customer service problem
- Discover strategies for building stronger partnerships
After completing the Influencing with Impact workshop, participants will:
- Understand how their values affect influence
- Know a formula for building credibility and how to apply it to increase their influence
- Understand the importance of attitude
After completing the Managing Projects and Processes Successfully workshop, participants will:
- Be able to distinguish between projects and processes and why this difference is critical to your company
- Understand the three dimensions of success in project management
- Know a simple model of managing projects
After completing the Setting Goals and Supporting Goal Setting workshop, participants will:
- Understand the importance of goal setting
- Know the keys to develop a goal-setting mindset
- Understand how to create collaborative goals as a goal-setting leader
- Know the power of creating alignment and steps for doing so
After completing the Solving Problems and Making Decisions workshop, participants will:
- Understand the importance of asking questions to the decision-making process
- Know the two main types of questions and how to apply them to a problem-solving process
- Understand a common problem-solving model
- Know the pros and cons of four common decision-making approaches
After completing the Taking Responsibility and Accountability workshop, participants will:
- Understand the importance of being personally accountable
- Recognize what gets in the way of accountability
- Understand how to empower others
After completing the Thinking and Acting Innovatively workshop, participants will:
- Understand the connection between views of mistakes and the creative process
- Know how to prepare for and conduct a better brain-storming session
- Understand the creative process and how to emulate creative geniuses
After completing the Valuing Collaboration and Teamwork workshop, participants will:
- Discover a model for team success
- Understand the difference between leader and facilitator and how to fulfill each role
- Obtain the key insights for leading team meetings
Product Type: Assessment and workshop. The Facilitator Guide includes everything you need to lead a successful training session.
Target Audience: Managers and supervisors.
Measures: Your team leaders' supervising skills and how they focus their attention during a learning experience.
Dimensions: Problem-solving, leadership, communication, and assertiveness.
Time Required: One hour per module.
What to Order
Starter Kit: Order One Kit for Up to Five Participants and One Trainer.
The Starter Kit comes with a facilitator copy of each of the 12 workbooks, a 5-pack of each of the 12 workbooks, and a Companion Book.
Facilitator Guide Deluxe Set: Order One Per Trainer.
The Facilitator Guide Deluxe Set comes with a sample of each of the 12 workbooks as well as one Companion Book.
Building Relationships Workbook 5-Pack: Order One Pack to Train Five Participants.
Uncover the factors affecting your employees' relationships with this effective training session.
Championing Change Workbook 5-Pack: Order One Pack to Train Five Participants.
Discover the ways participants respond to change with this useful workshop.
Communicating Powerfully Workbook 5-Pack: Order One Pack to Train Five Participants.
Uncover tips for building solid communication amongst staff with this effective learning experience.
Developing Others Workbook 5-Pack: Order One Pack to Train Five Participants.
Give employees the tools to help train others with this team-building training program.
Focusing on Customers Workbook 5-Pack: Order One Pack to Train Five Participants.
Uncover how to give clients the attention they need and deserve with this useful training tool.
Influencing with Impact Workbook 5-Pack: Order One Pack to Train Five Participants.
Use this workshop to uncover how your participants' influencing styles affect productivity.
Managing Projects and Processes Workbook 5-Pack: Order One Pack to Train Five Participants.
Distinguish and differentiate projects and processes using this useful training program.
Setting Goals and Supporting Goal Achievements Workbook 5-Pack: Order One Pack to Train Five Participants.
Have participants uncover the importance of establishing goals with this objective setting training session.
Solving Problems and Making Decisions Workbook 5-Pack: Order One Pack to Train Five Participants.
Re-discover the value of asking questions and master the decision-making process with this effective training program.
Taking Responsibility and Accountability Workbook 5-Pack: Order One Pack to Train Five Participants.
Develop personal accountability within your company using this training workshop.
Thinking and Acting Innovatively Workbook 5-Pack: Order One Pack to Train Five Participants.
Spark innovation amongst staff with this effective training session.
Valuing Collaboration and Teamwork Workbook 5-Pack: Order One Pack to Train Five Participants.
Establish a model for team success and gain valuable insights into leading team meetings with this training workshop.
Companion Book: Order One Book Per Trainer.
This companion book is designed to support the workshop and contains in-depth information regarding Remarkable Leadership.
About the Authors
Kevin Eikenberry is the chief potential officer of The Eikenberry Group, a learning and consulting company that provides training delivery and design, facilitation, leadership coaching, organizational consulting, and speaking services. His expertise includes leadership, teams, and facilitation. Mr. Eikenberry has worked with many major organizations such as Chevron, John Deere, Southwest Airlines, and the U.S. Marine Corps. He is also the author of many books, including Vantagepoints on Learning and Life and #LeadershipTweet: 140 Bite-Sized Ideas to Help You Become the Leader You Were Born to Be.