Selling Essentials: What to Ask and How to Listen Instructor-Led Course
They've mastered prospecting, scoped out hot leads, and succeeded in getting their foot in the door. So far, your salespeople are off to a great start. But at this moment, they’re sitting face-to-face with their next (hopefully) new customer, and after an engaging opening, they stop and think, "hmm? now what?'"
It's time to shift the focus to the customer—so before your salespeople have the chance to jeopardize their next big deal, make sure they know how to keep the customer engaged, uncover their needs, learn their decision-making strategies, and know what not to say. Teach them what to ask and how to listen.
As a module of the Selling Essentials Training Series, this course shows salespeople how to ask the right questions, avoid communication shut downs, maximize business discussions, and learn valuable active listening skills that will move the customer relationship forward.
- The framework of the initial sales call and how listening fits into it
- The importance of questioning in uncovering and clarifying customer needs
- The types of needs that customers may need to increase or decrease
- How and when to use closed, open-ended, and thought-provoking questions to reveal customers’ needs
- How the amount of words we can speak relative to the amount of words we can process effects our ability to listen
Participants Will Learn:
- Identify types of questions to uncover customers’ needs.
- Identify typical needs and challenges that customers have.
- Describe challenges we have with listening.
- Demonstrate how to use active listening techniques.
- Identify and implement strategies for listening and questioning clients about their business needs.
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.