SkillBuilders 50 Communication Skills Activities
Communication is the foundation of all human interaction — personal and professional. It also serves as the basis for all human resource development programs. Unfortunately, other than in those programs that deal specifically with communication topics, this fundamental skill is often taken for granted or addressed in a superficial or cursory manner. Regardless of whether communication is addressed directly or indirectly, it demands an interactive approach to underscore its importance and improve participants' skill levels. SkillBuilders: 50 Communication Skills Activities; is a creative, engaging, and innovative collection of skill development activities that stimulate discussion and learning.
How it Works
The activities in this collection involve the participants directly in the learning process. The activities can be used in any training program that incorporates communication skills. For example, programs such as customer service, sales training, and supervisory skills all involve communication issues. The activities are designed to address all three learning domains: cognitive, affective, and behavioral. Participants need to acquire knowledge (cognitive) of the communication process and basic principles. They also often need to change attitudes (affective) before they can improve their skills (behavioral).
Eight different communication topics are addressed:
- Communication Awareness
- Delivering Your Message
- Nonverbal Communication
- Communication Conflicts
- Active Listening
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Written Communication
- Presentation Skills
Uses and Applications
Our SkillBuilders Series was designed to strengthen the effectiveness of your customer service representatives. It includes:
- Reproducible participant handouts
- Detailed preparation, administration, and debriefing information
- Easy-to-follow facilitator guidelines
- Handy reference table for pinpointing the best activities
Easy to set up, use, and facilitate, these activities rarely require more than 15 minutes each. Engage your participants whether you use this collection in its entirety or choose selected activities.
The activities presented in this collection enhance your customer service training program. It does so by effectively teaching participants how to illustrate, emphasize, and summarize vital customer service points.
What To Order
- The 50 Communication Skills Print & Digital Combo includes the facilitator guide in a convenient 3-ring binder format along with the Digital Version. The digital materials will be delivered upon purchase.
- The 50 Communication Skills Digital Version includes the facilitator guide and support materials delivered as a single digital file for a paperless training experience.