Time Management Instructor-Led Course
During the workweek, the calendar fills up fast. After cleaning out inboxes, tending to personal responsibilities, attending meetings, getting unexpected calls and processing administrative clutter, your window of productivity can slowly disappear. Add to that a tendency to procrastinate, get distracted or lose track of time chit-chatting, and time management can become a real problem. According to a Harris Poll, one in four workers spend at least one hour a day using technology for personal use.
Although these mini-breaks might seem relieving, they actually contribute to workday stress. In fact, employees who can prevent interruptions experience less stress than those who seek them. A study in the Journal of Applied Psychology found that time management behaviors, like goal setting and prioritizing, have positive effects because they make employees feel in control, leading to fewer anxieties and greater job satisfaction.
Through this course you will learn which time-management style works best for you and how to eliminate bad work habits. As a result, you will be able to increase productivity, be more dependable, handle interruptions, feel in-control of your workweek and reduce stress.
- Traditional time management as a structural approach to the completion of tasks
- Non-traditional time management styles
- The causes of procrastination from perfectionism and fear of failure to poor memory or lack of organization
- Setting boundaries and saying "no" to coworkers and bosses
- Managing interruptions by more effectively communicating
Participants Will Learn:
- Identify your personal time management style.
- Increase personal effectiveness by using techniques that fit your personality style.
- Establish which time management technique is best for various situations.
- Customize a time management approach that blends the strengths of the four different styles.
- Designate your priorities for a balanced life.
- Overcome procrastination.
- Apply time-saving techniques.
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.