Individuals who go through accountability training develop more positive relationships, feel a sense of accomplishment, and improve personal productivity - all with less stress. Have your employees develop these skills that hold others accountable for agreements in a way that minimizes conflict and encourages enhanced results.
The Accountability Experience is an accountability assessment and workshop that leads to organizations in which there is crystal-clear clarity about what to expect to happen, how, and when. Managers and supervisors uncover how to encourage employee accountability at all levels; leading to increased engagement and a decrease in the gap between expectation and delivery.
How It Works
The Accountability Experience combines a self-assessment and customized report to allow employees to feel more in control of outcomes and improve key work relationships. The assessment is designed to gauge how an employee’s current mindset puts accountability, responsibility, and empowerment into practice. For those who wish to explore accountability deeper, there is a one-day workshop available.
Administered in advance of the workshop, the 73-item self-assessment measures an individual's mindset in four dimensions of accountability:
- Personal Responsibility
- Personal Accountability
- Team Empowerment
- Perception of Organizational Culture
During this one-day workshop, participants will introduce themselves to the three phases of the Accountability Cycle:
- Responsibility: Claiming ownership of a task
- Self-Empowerment: Taking personal action to complete the task
- Accountability: Answering for the outcome
Uses and Applications
- Apply a new constructive definition of what accountability means in today's workplace
- Make and manage clear performance agreements with others
- Take the initiative to renegotiate priorities and assignments using a constructive joint problem-solving approach
- Evaluate personal accountability mindset and what it means to you, your performance, and your job satisfaction
- Identify barriers to being and staying accountable and execute personal strategies to overcome them
- Hold others accountable for agreements in a way that minimizes conflict and encourages improved results
- Understand the benefits of an accountable environment
- Define responsibility, empowerment, and accountability
- Discover one's skill levels
- Recognize barriers to accountability
- Identify appropriate tools to address accountability challenges
- Practice skills associated with declining, negotiating, and holding others accountable
- Develop a plan to enhance on-the-job accountability
Product Type: Self-assessment and classroom workshop. The Facilitator Guide is an in-depth resource designed to help trainers swiftly administer the assessment and workshop.
Target Audience: Individual contributors, supervisors, managers and directors in a wide range of industries, including the public sector.
Measures: The awareness of key concepts and the opportunities for enhancing levels of accountability.
Dimensions: Personal accountability, negotiation, and minimizing conflict.
Time Required: Eight hours.
What to Order
Facilitator Guide: Order One Per Trainer.
This detailed, step-by-step guide for planning and delivering a powerful learning experience gives you everything you need to facilitate a full-day workshop. This includes background information, a PowerPoint presentation, assessment instructions, scripts, discussion questions, activities, training poster, and samples of the assessment, wallet card, and participant workbook. Facilitator support materials will be available to you as a digital download link in your order confirmation.
Workbook 5-Pack: Order One for Up to Five Participants.
A comprehensive takeaway that includes critical content, worksheets, and forms used during the workshop, as well as additional tools for on-the-job use.
Paper Assessment 5-Pack: Order One Pack For Up to Five Participants.
The print version is ideal for facilitators who prefer to oversee scoring and administration of the assessment if you don't know who the participants will be before the class begins, or if your learners do not have easy access to computers. It includes pressure-sensitive forms for scoring to aid manual tabulation.
Online Assessment: Order One Per Participant.
The online assessment is administered to participants through the HRDQ Assessment Center and includes personalized reporting, full-color charts, interpretive information, worksheets, and action planning. Detailed report is delivered electronically to the facilitator/administrator when complete.
Wallet Card 5-Pack: Order One Pack For Up to Five Participants.
A reminder card for participants outlining the key takeaways from the workshop to help them strengthen their commitment to accountability.
Poster: Order One Per Trainer.
Understand and master the “Accountability Cycle” with this full-color poster demonstrating and breaking down the three “Clear Agreements."
About the Author
Linda Galindo consults with organizations, teams, and individuals who aim to improve their work and personal lives through greater personal accountability. She is a keynote speaker and conducts executive-level seminars and retreats and has been a regular contributor to Connect magazine and Lab Medicine. Ms. Galindo is experienced in change management, accountability, leadership development, and cultural assessment.
- Info Kit | The Accountability Experience Info Kit
- Blog Post | How to Manage Accountability
- Infographic | Four Fundamental Characteristics of Accountability