Individuals who go through accountability training are better able to develop positive relationships, feel a sense of accomplishment and improve personal productivity, all with less stress. They will also develop skills to hold others accountable for agreements in a way that minimizes conflict and encourages improved results
The Accountability Experience is an accountability assessment and workshop that leads to organizations in which there is crystal-clear clarity about what's expected to happen, how, and when. Managers and supervisors learn to encourage employee accountability at all levels, leading to increased engagement and a decrease in the gap between expectation and delivery.
How It Works
The Accountability Experience is appropriate for individuals, managers, and is a useful refresher for senior executives.
The Accountability Experience combines a self-assessment and customized report to allow employees to feel more in control of outcomes and improve key work relationships. The self-assessment is designed to gauge how an employee’s current mindset puts accountability, responsibility, and empowerment into practice. For those who wish to explore accountability deeper there is a one-day workshop available.
Administered in advance of the workshop, the 73-item self-assessment measures an individual's mindset in four dimensions of accountability: Personal Responsibility, Personal Accountability, Team Empowerment, and Perception of Organizational Culture.
During the one-day workshop, participants are introduced to the three phases of the Accountability Cycle:
- Responsibility: Claiming ownership of a task
- Self-Empowerment: Taking personal action to complete the task
- Accountability: Answering for the outcome
Uses and Applications
- Apply a new constructive definition of what accountability means in today’s workplace.
- Make and manage clear performance agreements with others.
- Take initiative to renegotiate priorities and assignments using a constructive joint problem-solving approach.
- Evaluate your own accountability mindset and what it means to you, your performance, and your job satisfaction.
- Identify barriers to being and staying accountable and execute personal strategies to overcome them.
- Hold others accountable for agreements in a way that minimizes conflict and encourages improved results.
- Understand the benefits of an accountable environment
- Define responsibility, empowerment, and accountability
- Discover one's personal skill levels
- Recognize barriers to accountability
- Identify appropriate tools to address accountability challenges
- Practice skills associated with declining, negotiating, and holding others accountable
- Develop a plan to enhance on-the-job accountability
Individual contributors, supervisors, managers and directors in a wide range of industries, including the public sector.
Self-assessment and classroom workshop.
The awareness of key concepts and opportunities for enhanced levels of accountability.
Personal accountability, negotiation, minimizing conflict.
What to Order
Facilitator Set: Order one per trainer.
This detailed, step-by-step guide for planning and delivering a powerful learning experience give you everything needed to facilitate a full day workshop. Background information, assessment instructions, scripts, discussion questions, activities, a USB drive containing a PowerPoint presentation with video clips, poster, and samples of the assessment, job aid, and participant workbook. Facilitator support materials will be available to you as a digital download link in your order confirmation.
Participant Guide: Order one per individual.
A comprehensive takeaway that includes critical content, worksheets, and forms used during the workshop, as well as additional tools for on-the-job use.
Job Aid: Order one per individual.
A reminder card for participants that outlines the key takeaways from the workshop to help them strengthen their commitment to accountability.
Additional Information for The Accountability Experience: