Zombie Outbreak is a simulation in team decision-making and team synergy. Participants face an impending zombie attack calling for them to work together to make the best possible decisions in order to survive. While the context is not usually life-threatening, there are often times when employees have to make decisions amidst stressful situations and as part of a team.
HRDQ Team Adventure Series training simulations are a popular choice for team development training. They're an effective way to introduce the concept of synergy and help team members quickly develop vital group-process skills such as consensus decision-making, problem-solving, communication, and conflict resolution in a nonthreatening learning environment.
How It Works
Uses and Applications
Zombie Outbreak is an excellent training tool for any team, especially those in the midst of conflict.
Use Zombie Outbreak to help:
- Illustrate the concept of team synergy
- Give teams a nonthreatening opportunity to work together
- Help teams practice consensus decision-making
- Improve active listening, probing, and confronting behaviors
- Train team leaders in team facilitation skills
- Introduce an organizational change
- Interject a fun activity into an otherwise serious agenda
- Uncover how to practice team decision-making under pressure
- Understand how to practice interpersonal skills
- Discover how to illustrate the concept of team synergy
- Know how to provide you with a nonthreatening opportunity to work together
Product Type: Survival simulation. The Facilitator Guide includes everything you need to lead a successful training session.
Target Audience: Team members at all levels.
Measures: Consensus decision-making under pressure.
Dimensions: Decision-making, problem-solving, communication, and conflict resolution.
Time Required: Three hours.
What to Order
Facilitator Guide: Order One Guide Per Trainer.
The Facilitator Guide includes background information, administrative guidelines, step-by-step workshop outline, and sample participant materials. Facilitator materials will be available as a digital download link in your order confirmation.
Participant Guide 5-Pack: Order Pack For Up to Five Participants.
The Participant Guide includes the adventure scenario, pressure-sensitive scoring, background information, team worksheets, and action planning.
About the Authors
The HRDQ Development Team creates soft-skills learning solutions that help to improve the performance of individuals, teams, and organizations. At HRDQ, we believe an experiential approach is the best catalyst for adult learning. Our unique Experiential Learning Model has been the core of what we do for more than 40 years. We combine the best of organizational learning theory and proven facilitation methods with an appreciation for adult learning styles, our philosophy initiates and inspires lasting change.