New virtual version!
Zombie Outbreak is a simulation in team decision-making and team synergy. Participants face an impending zombie attack requiring them to work together to make the best possible decisions in order to survive. While the context is not usually life-threatening, there are often times when employees have to make decisions amidst stressful situations and as part of a team. Zombie Outbreak prepares your teams to do their best in such situations.
HRDQ Team Adventure Series training simulations are a popular choice with our clients for team development training. They're an effective way to introduce the concept of synergy and help team members develop vital group process skills such as consensus decision-making, problem-solving, communication, and conflict resolution in a nonthreatening learning environment.
How It Works
Uses and Applications
Zombie Outbreak is an excellent training tool for any team, but especially those in the midst of conflict. Use Zombie Outbreak to:
- Illustrate the concept of team synergy
- Give teams a nonthreatening opportunity to work together
- Help teams practice consensus decision-making
- Improve active listening, probing, and confronting behaviors
- Train team leaders in team facilitation skills
- Introduce an organizational change
- Interject a fun activity into an otherwise serious agenda
- Uncover how to practice team decision-making under pressure
- Understand how to practice interpersonal skills
- Discover how to illustrate the concept of team synergy
- Know how to provide you with a nonthreatening opportunity to work together
- Type – Survival simulation.
- Audience – Team members at all levels.
- Measures – Consensus decision-making under pressure.
- Dimensions – Decision-making, problem-solving, communication, and conflict resolution.
- Time – Three hours.
What to Order
Print Facilitator Guide – Includes background information, administrative guidelines, step-by-step workshop outline, and sample participant materials. It also includes an expanded PowerPoint Presentation with slides for every step of the simulation and every slide has script for the facilitator. It is designed to be used in lieu of the step-by-step instructions in the Facilitator Guide for conducting the simulation on pages 23-48. The PowerPoint supports delivery of the product in the classroom or online. Facilitator materials will be available as a digital download link in your order confirmation. You'll need on facilitator guide for each trainer.
Print Participant Guide 5-Pack – Includes the adventure scenario, pressure-sensitive scoring, background information, team worksheets, and action planning. Order Pack For Up to Five Participants.
Digital Participant Guide License (Beta) – Includes a digital download of the Participant Guide in PDF format. Each unit purchased is a single license to distribute the PDF to one participant. Order the quantity of licenses required to train the total number of participants in your learning event. By purchasing and downloading this product you agree to the terms of the HRDQ Digital Participant Guide End User License Agreement.
About the Authors
The HRDQ Development Team creates soft-skills learning solutions that help to improve the performance of individuals, teams, and organizations. At HRDQ, we believe an experiential approach is the best catalyst for adult learning. Our unique Experiential Learning Model has been the core of what we do for more than 40 years. We combine the best of organizational learning theory and proven facilitation methods with an appreciation for adult learning styles, our philosophy initiates and inspires lasting change.