Managing Offsite Employees Instructor-Led Course
Today's organizations are not only becoming more global, but their employees are increasingly working remotely instead of in a traditional office environment. The benefits of remote work are immense, like lower turnover and greater employee satisfaction. But managing a remote workforce requires more than just smartphones, Wi-Fi, and web cams. It requires having the right employees in the right jobs paired with new skills and appropriate resources. It also requires managers who know how to communicate effectively, maintain a sense of community, cultivate teamwork, and develop relationships built on trust.
By improving your ability to manage offsite employees, you will empower yourself in many ways. You will increase your ability to recruit, hire, and retain the right employees for a job. You will help ensure that your team is cohesive and productive. You will know how to avoid costly, time-consuming problems and help your team meet its goals. As Dave Ross, cofounder of workplace solutions firm, The Vaya Group, explains: “Skillful managers of remote employees can build camaraderie, create a more positive work environment, and encourage stronger business performance regardless of distance.”
This instructor-led training event focuses on managing offsite employees and will show remote workforce managers how to achieve success for their employees and themselves. This three hour-program offers workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- Professional, personal, and financial advantages of an offsite working relationship
- Core characteristics and abilities of successful remote workers and their managers
- Categories and examples of jobs that require employees’ presence onsite
- Must-have equipment and technologies for remote workers to do their jobs well
- How to establish mutual trust with offsite employees and keep them in the loop
- How to thoroughly prepare employees to work remotely and set them up for success
- Warning signs of an unproductive offsite worker and how to deal with this situation
- Common challenges faced by managers of offsite employees and strategies to overcome them
Participants Will Learn:
- How offsite working relationships can benefit employees, managers, and organizations
- What the challenges of managing offsite employees are and how to overcome them
- To identify the tools and resources necessary for offsite employees to be effective
- How to develop strategies to overcome common issues associated with managing a remote staff
- The best practices for the successful management of offsite employees
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.