Negotiate Like a Pro (RTL)
The simplest definition of negotiation is two or more people deciding how to allocate a resource, like money, time, roles and responsibilities, etc. We negotiate all the time in our professional lives – about workload and assignments, budget allocations, changes to policies or operating procedures, or buying and selling.
If you don’t like to negotiate or don’t feel like you do it well, it may be because you possess one of two nonproductive attitudes toward negotiating. The first is to view negotiation as a competition where one side wins and the other loses. This attitude reflects a common misperception that you and the other person have opposing goals, making it impossible for both of you to get what you want at the same time. The second approach toward negotiation is to fear it and give in at the first sign of conflict. This outlook suggests a lack of confidence about the value of what you have to offer. Both of these attitudes – viewing negotiation as a win-lose opportunity and viewing it as something to be feared – are likely to result in a less than ideal outcome.
Negotiate Like a Pro focuses on negotiating from a win-win mindset that results in a mutually beneficial agreement that is fair to both sides.
- Recognize the benefits of adopting a win-win mindset
- Follow a process to achieve a mutually beneficial agreement
- Overcome obstacles created by yourself or the other person
- Read other people and adjust your style to make the process go smoothly with better outcomes
- Adopting a Win-Win Mindset
- Preparation and Implementation
- Anticipating Challenges
- Notice and Adjust
- Virtual ILT, classroom ILT, and online self-study versions of each program
- Includes Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation
- All files delivered in MS Office format for easy customization
About the Reproducible Training Library
The RTL is a collection of 80+ customizable soft-skill programs for virtual or classroom instructor-led training and online self-study learning. Each title comes with versions for virtual instructor-led training, classroom instructor-led training and online self-study learning. You receive professionally developed and designed program materials for participants and facilitators so you're ready to train today. All material files are delivered in unlocked Microsoft Office format so you can also choose to customize the content or add your logo, anything you wish. The RTL is downloadable, customizable, reproducible, and flexible. Best of all, it's effective learning.
Buy in Quantity and Save!
If you're interested in 7 or more titles, why not consider the RTL Complete Collection? You'll get access to all RTL programs for one low entry price.
*Choosing the Correct License
All licenses are one (1) year term from date of purchase. At the term's end you must either renew license or discontinue all use of the content. Please read the RTL End-User Agreement (opens new tab) before purchase. Contact us if you have any questions.
Business - For unlimited use within an organization employing less than 5,000 people at one or more direct operating locations. EULA does not permit use outside the organization, e.g. partners, distributors and consultants.
Corporate - For unlimited use within an organization and its subsidiaries employing 5,001-10,000 people across the entire organization. EULA does not permit training outside the organization, e.g. partners, distributors and consultants.
- Enterprise - For unlimited use within a top-level organization, its subsidiaries, partners, and distributors employing more than 10,000 people across the enterprise. EULA permits training of all legally connected entities.