Supervisor Communication Skills Instructor-Led Course
Being a supervisor means taking on a lot of responsibility. Delegating, disciplining, moving the company forward and promoting key workers just scratches the surface of a supervisor's responsibility. Therefore if there is a disconnect between a supervisor and his or her employees, there is a huge cost to pay in productivity, team-building and communication.
According to an officevibe.com infographic, three out of four employees think that their boss is the worst and most stressful aspect of their job. In addition, bad bosses cause companies to spend an estimate $360 billion each year in healthcare! Bad bosses also cause employees to be less productive.
This course will teach you how to be a relatable, respectable and dependable supervisor able to keep all aspect of your team in-check. As a result, you will be able to have a clear direction, meet your employee’s needs, handle difficult conversations with ease, and boost your assertiveness as a boss.
- Developing emotional awareness
- Understanding your level of assertiveness
- Establishing credibility and trust
- Anticipating typical responses to confrontation
- Understanding the escalation process
- Handling specific difficult personality types
Participants Will Learn:
- Identify the characteristics of assertive behavior and include them in your interactions.
- Ask directly for what you need without being aggressive.
- Confront problem behaviors successfully.
- Create equitable compromises with employees and peers.
- Hold others accountable.
- Manage conflicts to achieve productive outcomes.
- Deal with difficult people effectively.
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.