Navigating Difficult Conversations (RTL)
Unfortunately, difficult conversations need to happen in the workplace. There are situations where someone has to be let go, told that they aren’t being promoted, or receive a poor performance review – common scenarios where a hard conversation is necessary. But despite their prevalence, these kinds of conversations don't have to be feared or dreaded – rather, they can be handled in such a way that increases self-confidence and encourages an environment of positivity.
Navigating Difficult Conversations introduces participants to a seven-stage process for taking control in tricky situations and minimizing negative backlash to affect an environment of reduced stress, increased trust, improved relationships, and higher productivity. With realistic examples and role-playing activities, this program helps participants as they prepare, carry-out, and close difficult conversations in the most productive manner. It leads them to embrace – rather than fear – confrontation and produces long-lasting benefits for both the employee and organization.
- Understand the nature of difficult conversations and what it takes to handle them
- Identify the seven stages of handling difficult conversations
- Use empathy in a way that minimizes negative responses and strengthens relationships
- Apply best practices for preparing, initiating, and delivering the conversation
- Discover how to generate solutions and bring the conversation to a close
- What Conversations are Difficult?
- What Does it Take to Handle a Difficult Conversation?
- Stages of a Difficult Conversation
- Preparing for a Difficult Conversation
- Getting the Conversation Started
- Carrying Out the Conversation
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.