Personality Style at Work
This work style personality test is a simple, but highly effective online assessment that measures the core behaviors that make-up an individual's style.
A cursory internet search will reveal dozens of assessments and instruments for helping people understand the fundamental traits and characteristics of their personality. Indeed, the continued and widespread use of personality assessments stresses their significance as tools for learning and development. While knowing your personality is important - it's also just one piece of the development puzzle. Assessments that spell out a little more than a horoscope of traits and tendencies or a maze of acronyms and labels do not effect lasting change. It is important to learn how to put that knowledge to use in order to form a complete picture of yourself - results that lead to this level of perception call for precise and refined self-evaluation.
Personality Style at Work (PSAW) is HRDQ's latest and most statistically accurate assessment. It's a simple, but highly effective tool that measures both the core behaviors that make-up an individual's style and the lens through which they choose to navigate their world.
How It Works
At the foundation of each of the four personality styles - direct, considerate, spirited, and systematic - is a set of three drivers that guide our actions, decisions, and general life approach. Delving even deeper into the framework of personality is a look at the lens of expressiveness and assertiveness - the learned behaviors that we use as a means of coping with the demands and expectations placed upon us and which help to explain how we can appear to have one personality at work and another in our personal life.
The backbone of Personality Style at Work is the highly regarded HRDQ Style Model, the popular formula that more than a million people have relied upon to understand not only what makes them tick - but those around them as well. What makes it so powerful is that it takes the complexity of personality and boils it down into four simple, memorable words: direct, spirited, systematic, and considerate. The meaning behind these terms gives you the key to unlocking what drives human behavior.
Personality Style at Work will:
- Explain what personality style is - and why you should care
- Assess your behavior and identify your personality style
- Show you how to spot different personality types
- Give you strategies for flexing your style to adapt to any situation
- Demonstrate how to improve a job search and advance your career
- Help you to become a more effective manager and team member
- Offer tips and techniques that will help you get along with just about anyone
- Enable you to adapt your personality to any organizational culture
Product Type: Assessment
Measures: Primary personality style, strength of preference for using each of the drivers associated with your style, and strength of preference for using the assertive and expressive behaviors.
- Direct Style: Achievement, Control, and Challenge
- Spirited Style: Conceptualization, Initiation, and Collaboration
- Considerate Style: Harmony, Recognition, and Consensus
- Systematic Style: Organization, Objectivity, and Tradition
- Influencing Style: Direct, Spirited, Considerate, or Systematic
Time Required: 10 to 15 minutes
What to Order: The PSAW assessment can be purchased in two ways. Choose the assessment center credit option if you wish to administer the assessment to others now or at some future time. Choose the individual registration to gain immediate access to the assessment. An assessment center account is required to access the Core Profile Plus. Facilitator support materials will be available to you as a digital download link in your order confirmation.